For succulent steaks, juicy burgers and crispy grilled sandwiches, look no further than the Cuisinart Griddler Grill and Panini Press. The unit’s upper and lower nonstick, removable grill plates provide even grilling and toasting. The integrated drip tray makes it easy to drain grease away from food for healthier cooking. Designed like professional units, its floating hinge adjusts to accommodate any thickness for perfectly grilled thin or thick panini and sandwiches. The present temperature is ideal for grilling and takes the guesswork out of cooking to ensure crisp, golden-brown results. With ‘Power On’ and ‘Ready to Cook’ indicator lights, operation is simple. Even more, the GR-11 takes up minimal space and provides just enough surface area to cook for a couple of friends or family members.
Panini Made Easy
The word “panini” is an Italian term for grilled sandwiches. Panini can include a combination of ingredients such as vegetables, meat and cheese layered between two pieces of freshly baked bread. The sandwich is then pressed between two grill plates to toast the bread and warm the filling.
Use your Griddler Grill & Panini Press to grill sandwiches, breads and quesadillas. Tuck your favorite ingredients between artisan breads and press or make grilled sandwiches and crispy traditional panini two at a time.
Experiment with a variety of savory or sweet sandwiches for any meal. We recommend using freshly baked bread to produce the best-tasting panini. Popular breads for panini are focaccia, michette, ciabatta, and thick slices of Italian bread.
The Griddler Grill & Panini Press was designed with a unique handle and hinge that allows the cover to adjust to the thickness of the sandwich you are preparing. This allows for even toasting and heating. Light pressure can be applied to the handle to press and heat the sandwich to your liking. When cooking two or more panini, it is important that the thickness of all sandwiches is the same so the cover will close evenly on the panini.
Two Ways to Grill
The Griddler Grill & Panini Press can also be used as a contact grill to cook burgers, boneless pieces of meat, thin cuts of meat and vegetables. You can easily grill anything with even results, from a thinly-sliced potato to a sirloin steak. The floating hinge adjusts the cover to grill meats on both sides at once. Open flat to grill steaks, veggies and more.
The contact grill function works best when you want to cook something in a short amount of time or when you are looking for a healthy method of grilling. When cooked on the contact grill, food will cook quickly because you are grilling both sides of the food at the same time. The ribs on the grill plates combined with the grease spout at the rear of the plates allows the grease to drip from the meat and drain off the plates.
- Base and Cover Solid construction with a brushed stainless steel self-adjusting cover.
- Panini-Style Handle Sturdy cast-metal handle adjusts the cover to accommodate thickness of food.
- Removable Grill Plates Nonstick for oil-free options. Dishwasher-safe for easy cleanup.
- Indicator Lights Signal ‘Power On’ and ‘Ready to Cook.’
- Drip Tray Collects grease and can be removed from the base for easy cleanup.
- Plate Release Buttons Push in to release and remove cooking plates.
- Hinge Release Button Allows the cover to lie back for cooking in the flat position.
- Adjustable Front Feet Tilts the unit to increase grease drainage.
- Instruction and Recipe Booklet Included Try out fun recipes for paninis, appetizers, desserts and more.